Recycling in the Town of Hunter
CLICK ON “SPECIAL NOTICES” FOR DUMP HOURS AND OTHER INFORMATION
PLEASE PRINT THIS HANDY RECYCLE REFERENCE GUIDE
ACCEPTABLE RECYCLE ITEMS
- #1, #2 & #5 plastic food or beverage containers
- Aluminum, steel and tin food or beverage containers
- Clear, green and brown glass food and beverage bottles
- Mixed papers: Cereal boxes, flyers, copy paper, corrugated cardboard, magazines, catalogs, paper grocery bags, junk mail (Paper Spam)
- News print
- Plastic bags are not recyclable
- Any container from oil, antifreeze, windshield fluid or other car liquids
- Plastic trays or post form flowers and plants
- Pizza boxes
- Salt bags, top soil bags, packaging plastic
- LED light bulbs, window glass, mirrors, drinking glasses
- Aerosol spray cans
- Rubber products
- Containers used to store chemicals and paints
- Plastic Toys
- Used Paper Towels
- All items should be placed in our recycling bin
- All containers need to be rinsed
- Labels do not have to be removed
- Cardboard needs to fit inside container so it does not jam
Recycle Center/Town Hall Location:
Recycle Update – 7/26/2021
Plastic bags/wraps do not get recycled in curbside bins or at our Town Refuse Center. They should be returned to participating drop-off locations that provide collection containers. In Hayward you can go to Market Place Foods or Walmart where they have containers in their vestibules.
If you are unable to venture out due to Covid, please collect your plastic shopping bags, plastic wraps and other light weight plastic packaging until you can dispose of them properly.
As always, please follow the direction of your local and state public health officials. If you do shop, please take appropriate steps to help protect store employees so they can continue to provide essential products during this crisis.
Recycling contributes sustainability and provides valuable materials for American manufacturers, so we encourage you to continue recycling when and where possible.
Please keep in mind the following:
- Glass and plastic should be clean, dry and caps removed
- Recycle #1, #2 and #5 ONLY. All other plastics are garbage
- Straws, plastic and lids are not recyclable – include with your other garbage
- If possible, keep your aluminum cans separate and give to attendant
- Paper and cardboard should be bundled
Thank you everyone for doing a good job of keeping your recycling separate at our refuse center.
Town of Hunter Board